Driver Guardian Limited ("we" or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We
also believe it is important to advise you of what information is collected about you and why, and
what we do with this information.
At Driver Guardian, we only collect personal data about our members about policies they have bought.
This is to allow you to manage your policy, and for us to contact you regarding administrative or
service matters relating to your policy.
and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect
from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to
understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By
registering with us and creating an account at http://www.driverguardian.co.uk/ you will be asked to
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and General Data Protection Regulation
(“GDPR”), the data controller is Driver Guardian Limited of 1 Slaidburn Crescent, Marshside,
Southport, Merseyside, PR9 9YF.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in
forms on our site http://www.driverguardian.co.uk/ (our site) or by
corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or in writing. This includes information you provide when
you register to use our site or purchase a policy from us, or when you report a problem with our
site. The information you give us may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail
address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and
photograph (Collectively;“your personal data”)
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect
computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time
browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched
response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction
(such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from
the page and
any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third
for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services,
advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference
agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and
us and to provide
you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are
similar to those that
you have already purchased or enquired about;
to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information
about goods or
services we feel may interest you by matching profiling data with your personal
information. If you are
an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS)
about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale
or negotiations of a
sale to you. If you are a new customer you will be asked to consent to profiling
before your account is
opened and profling data will be used only if you have expressly consented to this.
If you do not want
us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the
consents form on which we
collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for
you and for your
We will conduct an bi-annual review of the personal data we hold about you. Should
you not renew a
policy with us we will contact you to request whether or not you wish us to remove
your personal data.
In the event that you wish to withdraw your consent to use your personal data please contact
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To allow us to manage your policy effectively;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
for you and for
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose
to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and
others, and to deliver
relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about
goods or services that
may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you
us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information
purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
RETENTION OF ‘YOUR PERSONAL DATA’
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for
long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used, and to ensure compliance with GDPR.
- If your personal details change or if you have any queries about how we use your personal data,
notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by writing to us at Driver Guardian Ltd, 1 Slaidburn
Marshside, Southport, PR9 9YF.
- You can also check what information we hold about you by writing to us. An administration fee of
will be payable to Driver Guardian at the address above. We will provide this information within
calendar days of receipt of the information request. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete
correct it promptly. The personal data which we hold will be held securely in accordance with
internal security policy and the law.
- If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you or make a complaint, please contact
email@example.com. in the first instance
in order that we can investigate thoroughly. Should you
find our response unsatisfactory, you can make a formal complaint with the Information
Office by calling 0303 123 1113.
you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your
computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They
include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping
cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see
how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our
website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us
to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your
choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the
links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed
on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all
or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential
cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate
holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with
them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you
and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may
provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men
aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate
information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in
SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our
advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal
data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Driver Guardian Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which
case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
rights, property, or safety of Driver Guardian Limited, our customers, or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and
credit risk reduction.]
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the
European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for
us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your
order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your
personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts
of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a
password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we
will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data
transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information,
we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes (before collecting
your data) You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms
we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks,
advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these
websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for
these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
appropriate, we will notify you in writing or by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates
to[name] at firstname.lastname@example.org.. We have appointed a data protection officer at Driver Guardian;
Gareth Halsall. He/She can be contacted on 01704 214 446 with any enquiries as to your personal data.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website
http://www.driverguardian.co.uk/ (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and
visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable
use policy, which supplement our terms of website use https://www.driverguardian.co.uk/terms.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our
content standards https://www.driverguardian.co.uk/terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional
material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms,
time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code
designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of
our terms of website use https://www.driverguardian.co.uk/terms
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you may contribute to our site
(contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each
part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy
through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we
https://www.driverguardian.co.uk/terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in
our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not
limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The
responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check
this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or
notices published elsewhere on our site.